What is Multi Sensory Play & What are the Benefits?
Very simply put, multi-sensory play is play that involves two or more of the senses at the same time. You might be wondering why that is important. Well, we (@Sensationally.ot), teamed up with @the.well.balanced.ot to bring you some reasons why we love it so much.
Some of the benefits:
- Engaging multiple senses helps children remember new skills easier.
- It makes learning FUN! They will be more likely to participate.
- Increases attention & focus = longer activity engagement.
We also want to emphasize that multi-sensory play doesn't have to be complicated and it can actually be really simple to encourage. Make sure to check back next week for part 2. We will be recommending some fun and easy at home sensory activities.
If you're looking for an easy, done for you, multi sensory activity, you are in the right place.....At sensationallyot.com we offer a monthly sensory kit subscription service to make it EVEN EASIER for parents! All you have to do is
- Sign up one time and your child will receive a new themed playdoh KIT monthly, delivered directly to your home.
- Each of our activity boxes come with 3 jars of our non toxic playdough and various themed small parts.
- Our KITscriptions currently ship out the 1st of each month.
- Upcoming themes:
- October: Halloween KIT
- November: Fall Time Fun
- December: Candy Cane Lane
Here is a sneak peak of the Halloween KIT....Check out those fun play doh colors!
Who doesn't want new, cool sensory toys every month??